Thursday, April 15, 2010

Anyone that plays alot of RTS's please answer :)

OK so i am looking to upgrade my graphics card form a 7050 onboard. I wanna play Medievil 2 total war (which runs currently on medium settings 3000 troop count) but i would like to play it high with possibly more troops. also i wanna try games like World in Conflict, Company of heroes, C%26C3 + Red alert 3. so my question is if any off you play these games what card are you on and how does it preform? I am not looking into any other games but RTS for my computer, as i prefer console gaming atm.. but it is hard to find a good strategy game on Console.Anyone that plays alot of RTS's please answer :)
considering that gfx cards has become absurdly cheap, I would say a 9800 gt. (they will run the games VERY well) in truth you would not likely need more then a 9600 gt to play those games (wic and coh presses the bar upwards). The price difference here where I live between those two cards, is not even 50$ And for those 50$ you get atleast 33% better performance, and way better cooling fans.You could go for even cheaper cards if you pick of the ATI range, but since I do not really know that much about ATI someone will likely offer you some good advice ^^Anyone that plays alot of RTS's please answer :)
[QUOTE=''Maddie_Larkin'']considering that gfx cards has become absurdly cheap, I would say a 9800 gt. (they will run the games VERY well) in truth you would not likely need more then a 9600 gt to play those games (wic and coh presses the bar upwards). The price difference here where I live between those two cards, is not even 50$ And for those 50$ you get atleast 33% better performance, and way better cooling fans.You could go for even cheaper cards if you pick of the ATI range, but since I do not really know that much about ATI someone will likely offer you some good advice ^^[/QUOTE]Yeah, what he said. I played the Empire demo with that card and it runs just fine at maximum (I think the unit size was locked at medium though).WiC runs great, 720p and 2AA, on DX10 - only goes around 20 fps when multiple nukes go boom.
9600GT will get you medium and some high on WiC. Most likely max all the other games you mentioned (Medieval 2 might be kinda laggy if you max it out). $859800GT will let you almost max WiC (No AA, reasonable resolution). Definitely max all the other games you mentioned. $104I'd suggest the 9800GT.
I own an ATI Saphire HD 4830, a little better than than the 9800 GT and I got it for 90 US dollars on Amazon. com. It pretty much maxes out World in Conflict so it's good.

No comments:

Post a Comment