Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Unreal Tournament III - no one plays it?!!!

Ok so I just bought UT3 and am completely stuggling to find any god damn human players. I choose to show all game-types, with no filters and I'll find 1 game maybe 2 games if I'm lucky that are all or mostly populated with actual human players. Then practically every other game is packed with bots. Even then theres only a handful of them which have near to 30 players - human or otherwise!!!

Is there really no one playing this game?! Is it that unpopular?! Please someone tell me I'm doing something wrong, because I hate the idea of playing against bots even if theyr good. I pretty much feel ripped off tbh.Unreal Tournament III - no one plays it?!!!
i really enjoyed this game, i never owned another unreal game, except an old one on the first xbox. i love it, but yeah i wish more played it, especially on the consoles now that i own a 360 and ps3 and a 50 inch tv, it'd be perfect, but the servers are dead, and on pc it crashes all the time so i uninstalled it. i wish they'd make another...Unreal Tournament III - no one plays it?!!!
I have this game on PS3, although I have 2003 and 2004 on PC, and UT on PS2. I loved this game, but for some reason, online never really seemed that popular. I don't think I ever even got a chance to play an onslaught map (I forget what they call them in UT3) online. I played Deathmatch and team deathmatch some, but I would say 85-95% of my time playing the game has been spent offline. Granted, I never played the other UTs online because at that time I always had 56k dial up. But I thought that UTs were the king of their realm prior to this release...what happened?! I still love UT3 as much as the others in the franchise, but it almost seems like this UT has become a cult classic for some unknown reason. Maybe it is because the servers always kind of sucked, I don't know. But the single-player is fantastic, just like all the other UTs, but I thought for sure online would have been a huge hit.
I have it for the PC%26 i play it every day.I only play VCTF mode %26 theres a few people kicking about.
:( :( Its really weird how no one plays it...I suppose I have fun all the same but I mean I wouldnt have paid the ?3 or so it for had I known it had virtually no online following. Now ? I would have paid! AND that kinda price would have got quite a bit more people playing it...but oh well.

Does kinda make me wonder though. It was designed as a multiplayer game. But If no one plays it online why did they bother making this HUGE expansion and charing nothing? They musta realised it wouldnt be anywhere near enough to produce a community from nothing. They coulda spent that time making starting on a sequel and hyping it up as an online game
Yeah it really sad how few people play the game.
Yeh, the community isin't big. Unfortunately.
[QUOTE=''lardo_simon'']:( :( Its really weird how no one plays it...I suppose I have fun all the same but I mean I wouldnt have paid the ?3 or so it for had I known it had virtually no online following. Now ? I would have paid! AND that kinda price would have got quite a bit more people playing it...but oh well.

Does kinda make me wonder though. It was designed as a multiplayer game. But If no one plays it online why did they bother making this HUGE expansion and charing nothing? They musta realised it wouldnt be anywhere near enough to produce a community from nothing. They coulda spent that time making starting on a sequel and hyping it up as an online game[/QUOTE]I bought it off ebay new for ? a few weeks ago :P
An excellent game. Maybe we should organise a community gaming night devoted to UT3. That's what they do to boost the numbers on the original UT nowadays.
That's weird, since the Titan Pack was released, activity has picked up considerably. I played the other night and just used the find match feature and worked pretty well.
I'm waiting for UT3 to be delivered but I though there was a good amount of people playing it after the titan pack.Add me on Xfire if u want a game of Ut3.I should have it tomorrow.
i go on and there r enough servers to keep me stasfied alot seem to have bots but i search for the ones that have human players and i've had no problems finding a game.
[QUOTE=''Gooeykat'']That's weird, since the Titan Pack was released, activity has picked up considerably. I played the other night and just used the find match feature and worked pretty well.[/QUOTE]



Ah, but are you sure theyr human players? I've no problem finding a server, but if you search games, rather than use the match finder you can look at all the info about the game/server including the number of bots.

I didnt realise for a while that I was playing with just bots cos I was too caught up in actually playing the game! lol. But the fact that they keep standing still is a give away now.
I was playing the game when I got it for $10 on the holiday Steam sale. There was 6-7 servers with 30+ people, not bots, playing in VCTF and 20 and lower playing DM and TDM. I assumed it would be even better with the DLC but I stopped playing the game because I was getting wtfpwnd by veteran players.
OP: Im pretty sure its your firewall
[QUOTE=''lardo_simon''][QUOTE=''Gooeykat'']That's weird, since the Titan Pack was released, activity has picked up considerably. I played the other night and just used the find match feature and worked pretty well.[/QUOTE] Ah, but are you sure theyr human players? I've no problem finding a server, but if you search games, rather than use the match finder you can look at all the info about the game/server including the number of bots. I didnt realise for a while that I was playing with just bots cos I was too caught up in actually playing the game! lol. But the fact that they keep standing still is a give away now.[/QUOTE] Hmm, I just assumed if I was playing on-line that it would human players. Maybe I have been playing bots! LOL! Ugh, that's probably why I was doing so well. :)
Unreal3 is alot of fun, i dont have any trouble finding a capture teh flag game though when ever i play it. Sure more people on it would be nice, but its not completely dead.Definatly underrated online FPS imo, while not as good as Unreal2k4, its still a very fun game.
UT3 is not a bad game at all, in fact it's a fantastic FPS. However, it was quite a mistake distributing UT3 around the launches of Team Fortress 2, Call of Duty 4 ect.
Its not surprising that the game has few players. The only reason Quake and UT were ever popular is because there wasnt much else to choose from back in the day.Games like UT and Quake are just too deep for most gamers. Thedeeper a game is the larger the skill range you will see. Noobs just get raped and easy kills are hard to come by.A noob could frag even the best COD player if the noob sees him first. That doesnt happen in UT and Quake.Most people like simple, shallow games. Thats why even rpg's have been getting dumbed down.
Once my new PC is up and running I will be reinstalling this game. The Titan pack has been calling my name for some time now.

No comments:

Post a Comment