Thursday, April 15, 2010

Roller Coaster Tycoon not working. PLSSS HELP!!!!

I just found my old CD of Roller Coaster tycoon 1, but the problem is, on windows XP you CAN save your current game, but when you press the load option, the game closes.If any of you guys had the same old problem and know how to fix it, PLEASE TELL ME.{ I really don't like thelater versions of the game}Thanks Roller Coaster Tycoon not working. PLSSS HELP!!!!
I have the game and play it rarely, I dont have your problem try re-installing itRoller Coaster Tycoon not working. PLSSS HELP!!!!
Patched it?
First tell the Truth, did you really have the CD, or just lie and get it from the Pirate Bays?
I would try reinstalling I play it all the time on my computer and I am running windows xp
[QUOTE=''IonBlaster4'']First tell the Truth, did you really have the CD, or just lie and get it from the Pirate Bays?[/QUOTE]



Even if he was lying and it was pirated, he's not going to say so as that gets you banned on this forum (Pretty stupid reason for getting banned imo, but that's irrelevant.) Also, this is an ancient game, so it's probable that there are errors like this and I know for a fact that i used to get this error when I tried to run RCT on Vista a while back before getting my Windows 98 Virtual Machine set up. I would recommend running the game in the Windows 98 compatibility mode. I ran RCT on Windows XP for a very long time with very few problems before I got Vista with my new PC.
I have played this game on both XP *and* Vista with no issues after installing the latest patch.
Actually, two things i thought of. did you save your game, then install a patch, then try to load the map? I think i actually remember reading in the readme that you aren't supposed to load savegames that were done before a patch was applied due to changes. Another thing that came to my mind randomly this morning is that, the file extension the game uses for savegame files is .sc2, which is the same extension that the game SimCity 2000 used, make sure that the RCT save files are set to open with RCT (right click on that type of file, make sure ''opens with'' is set to Roller Coaster Tycoon.)

No comments:

Post a Comment