Thursday, April 15, 2010

LAN wont work..

Im trying to play LAN on warcraft III: frozen throne. Ill create a game and then my friend will try to join it but when he clicks on the game to join it pauses for a sec and then says ''Cannot join game'' please help.LAN wont work..
Could be anything at this stage:



- Are the computers networked beforehand?

- Are the firewalls off?LAN wont work..
umm im not very good with computers hehe. How do I turn of firewalls and what was that other thing?
[QUOTE=''Link_dude23'']umm im not very good with computers hehe. How do I turn of firewalls and what was that other thing?[/QUOTE]



Then u need someone who has a bit of knowledge about networking to set it up.... it's not as easy as turning them both on and pressing play. Read some articles about Networking Windows and getting games to work inside a LAN.
the comps are connected because I can see the game icreated on the other comp but It just wont let me join
[QUOTE=''Link_dude23'']the comps are connected because I can see the game icreated on the other comp but It just wont let me join[/QUOTE]



as he said, you need to figure out a bit before you lan. You need someone who knows about networking, or you need to learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment