Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Vac Administration on steam says my account has been flagged?

Hi. I logged int omy steam to find I had a new friend request called Vac Administration. I added them as a friend to find what is supposedly an automated message asking me to sign in at suspicious looking web address which ended in '...gs.ca' instead of '.com.' I'm not very comfortable with this as it looks just like the steam community page but the web address is different. Should I log in? Could this be someone trying to hijack my account? My account isn't stolen in any way, its functioning fine, my activity hasn't changed sincei last logged in and I haven't recieved any e-mails about it. What should I do?Vac Administration on steam says my account has been flagged?
I would email steam and explain whats happend and ask for there advice.Vac Administration on steam says my account has been flagged?
.ca at the end is usualy bad, probably a keylogger
Read the top of every message that is opened. Valve will not ask your for any information. Dude is trying to steal your account. Screenshot the text if you can and go to the guys profile and take a screen. Contact valve and they will ban his ass.
[QUOTE=''Enosh88''].ca at the end is usualy bad, probably a keylogger[/QUOTE]Damn canadians! (.ca is the canadian domain name, there's plenty of them).That aside, Steam wouldn't add you as a friend to tell you to logon to a steam account. Wouldn't trust it, most likely a scam.-Betta
Log in if you want your account to be hackedHappen to me a couple weeks ago...These look alike sites are becoming more common :/
I can't believe people fall for this. :P
steam will never ask for your user name and password. so yes they are trying to steal your account.
I'm surprised you even have to wonder about it. Just in case, when a Nigerian prince tells you they want to give you $10 million dollars so long as you pay a $10k transfer fee....Don't do it. No seriously, people still fall for this crap? 20yrs ago I would understand as these scams were fairly new, but these days I'd think most people would know better than to fall for these scams. I'm not trying to sound like a dick, but come on......
Thankyou all for your advice. To the peopel who were being dicks, did I at any point say I had put my details in? no. No need to be asses about it, I was just unsure. Thankyou to all the decent people, no thankyou to all the s****.
Unfortunetly I don't think some people understand how easy it is to fall into these if you're not paying too much attention. I'm not talking about the ''Valve needs to see your info to authorize your account'' stuff.These websites that are starting to look identicle to the Steam Community Log in page. If you don't pay attention to what site you're at its easy to try to sign in and accidentely give the hackers your information. The problem is that more and more of these sites are beginning to pop up and there is no way to regulate them.
[QUOTE=''Antaeus1991'']Thankyou all for your advice. To the peopel who were being dicks, did I at any point say I had put my details in? no. No need to be asses about it, I was just unsure. Thankyou to all the decent people, no thankyou to all the s****.[/QUOTE]

It was a guy who added with the name ''vac administration'', he was aiming for you to put in your account details. Change your steam password immediately and remove the guy.
It's a scam dude. Take screenshots and what not and report it to valve. Good chance that this guy will get banned.
[QUOTE=''Enosh88''].ca at the end is usualy bad, probably a keylogger[/QUOTE]wow you ignorant bastard, .ca is a canadian domain name.Remember, steam will never contact you via friends list. Do not visit the website at all.
[QUOTE=''simardbrad''][QUOTE=''Enosh88''].ca at the end is usualy bad, probably a keylogger[/QUOTE]wow you ignorant bastard, .ca is a canadian domain name.Remember, steam will never contact you via friends list. Do not visit the website at all. [/QUOTE]



Remember, we Canadians only play Hockey, drink Maple Syrup and try to steal Steam accounts...
[QUOTE=''Cdscottie''][QUOTE=''simardbrad''][QUOTE=''Enosh88''].ca at the end is usualy bad, probably a keylogger[/QUOTE]wow you ignorant bastard, .ca is a canadian domain name.Remember, steam will never contact you via friends list. Do not visit the website at all. [/QUOTE]



Remember, we Canadians only play Hockey, drink Maple Syrup and try to steal Steam accounts...[/QUOTE]

yar bastards!!!
please someone help me out ok 1 and half year ago i hacked for the first time on cs and i got banned vac banned how can i remove it i have deleted all the hacks please some1 help meeeeeeee ???? (^_^)
[QUOTE=''hirbod'']please someone help me out ok 1 and half year ago i hacked for the first time on cs and i got banned vac banned how can i remove it i have deleted all the hacks please some1 help meeeeeeee ???? (^_^)[/QUOTE] also please just replay to meee

No comments:

Post a Comment