Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Witcher....One of the best RPGs ever made?

This game is amazing so far, and at the moment I'm at the start of chapter 3. The combat is insanely fun and quests are a blast. The story is great so far and full of nice twists and surprising moments. One of the best RPG's I have ever played so far:)Does anyone else agree?Witcher....One of the best RPGs ever made?
LOL ...Lame.Witcher....One of the best RPGs ever made?
Good: yes.

Great: yes, probably.

One of the best: absolutely not.
Just started playing it, really fun, but its extremely annoying that I have to run back and forth the same place for many times(First chapter)
It's a great RPG, but it's not one of the best ever made...
[QUOTE=''krazyorange'']Good: yes. Great: yes, probably. One of the best: absolutely not.[/QUOTE] This. Repetitive (albeit jaw dropping) combat, stilted dialogue at times, and lots of back tracking bring it down from classic status. The morally grey descisions and bad-ass protaginist on the other hand make it a great RPG.
Certainly one of the best of the past few years, but of all time? No.
I'd probably put it in my top ten, if only because I really loved the world/setting and music.I can't think of an RPG that does choices/consequences better than The Witcher, so...I guess that makes it one of the best, in that sense.
good prehaps...best thats going way over the top.



This gen its in the top 10 RPGs for PC but thats about it.
It makes my top 10 of all-time, so I agree.
[QUOTE=''stike22'']good prehaps...best thats going way over the top.



This gen its in the top 10 RPGs for PC but thats about it.[/QUOTE]

I doubt there were 10 good RPGs in the last 3 years (generation is too much of a console term and has little to do with PC games >_>).



Yes it is one of the better games.
Great game...



Nowhere near one of the best RPGs ever made...
Awesome Game! One of the best RPG's in recent years for PC.
no.
I loved the game, yes it's very good, don't quite think it's the best ever made though
The Witcher wasn't a terribly bad game, per se - but the lack of a walk feature just killed it for me, and was the final nail in the coffin. If I'm forced to run my character from one side of a pub to the other, for example, and am not even given the opportunity to walk, then something is fundamentally wrong with the game.Also, what if you don't actually like the look of The Witcher himself? He's a long-haired freak, in my opinion. Okay, but now you're stuck with that for the entirety of the game. For an RPG to be great, then I need to be able to select the role myself. I don't want somebody else doing that for me. I need to be able to customize the look and the feel of my character at the startup screen.And quite frankly the combat in The Witcher was just plain lame. In my opinion, The Witcher was basically a clickfest - and there's nothing wrong with that as long as you feel engaged by the gameplay mechanic, which I didn't. It just felt incredibly repetitious to me. I've got a thread going about Drakensang, and people are saying that Drakensang is average. Actually The Witcher is the perfect example of average. With its tedious combat mechanic, and its complete lack of character customization, you're missing out on two key ingredients that makes a role playing game a role playing game.It's kind of surprising to me that so many people seem to think that The Witcher is somehow a deep game.
Great game with a nice story and a really amazing and well thought out choice and consequences make it a really amazing game but few issues like the lame dialogues (english version) and the tiresome combat along with too much focus on combat, makes it just short of achieving the title of one of the best rpgs. It would still be somewhere between positions 10-20 in my top rpgs list
My favorite? Yes.The best out there in my opinion? Yes.Perfect?Far from it. It has the worst: fightitng system/loot/skills/leveling. Even though, i've never enjoyed an RPG as much as i enjoyed TW. Chapter 4 is the best...by far.
single class, one named character CRPG, you need a story deeper than that of Planescape: Torment to make it among the best ever... it doesn't have that. among the best in past few years, yes, but not ever.
[QUOTE=''Charles_Dickens''] With its tedious combat mechanic, and its complete lack of character customization, you're missing out on two key ingredients that makes a role playing game a role playing game.[/QUOTE]

while I agree that the combat is very tedious, but regarding the character classes, you must remember that the character is from a book where is race/class is kind of Witcher and so the class can be considered to be a fixed class and hence so character customizations What I mean to say is that lack of character customization is not due to a fault in the game design as the concept demanded it

No comments:

Post a Comment