Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Empire Total War Campaign map stuttering..

Hey all, I was just wondering if anybody else was experiencing random stutters while looking over the campaign map in ETW. It's weird to think that I get better framerates during the battles than on the campaign map. Granted it's up in the 50-60s when I'm not scrolling through the map, but when I am it will randomly drop the the 20s every once and awhile. I have tried turning all my settings down to low and the resolution to 800x600 but this still occurs. So I'm beginning to wonder if it is an issue with the game rather than my computer..Empire Total War Campaign map stuttering..
everytime i click something it stutters for a split second on the campaign map it stutters. It's really annoying.Empire Total War Campaign map stuttering..
I think everyone has the problem. Hopefully, they can fix it in a patch.
Yeah I have that too...Also at around 1960 the game crashed while the cpu was doing its turn causing the autosave to be deleted.I'm going to not play the campaign until its fixed. The crashing and the stuttering of the map.
I don't have the game myself but from the previous comments it seems to be a common problem. It's possible that a disk defragmentation might help but that's doubtful, it's not like the hard drive needs to be accessed during the campaign map. It's probably an issue that will be fixed with a patch.
no problem here
Another problem is when you finish your turn and you have to wait for all the other nations including the minor nations to move...IT TAKES FOREVER. Also why isn't there an option to speed up your units when you give them orders? It takes everything (especially ships) to move around. In Medieval 2 i could double click and the order I issued would be finished immediately and I wouldn't have to wait for the unit to do anything such as walking, fighting etc.
Press the spacebar. Everything moves a lot faster. (for campaign mode)
[QUOTE=''blade55555'']Press the spacebar. Everything moves a lot faster. (for campaign mode)[/QUOTE]



ok I'll try that thx
Yeah I get that. Also when I click on my ports the game screams to a halt for a few seconds. I wonder why it only happens when I click my ports. I want mah second rate.
[QUOTE=''coolmonkeykid''][QUOTE=''blade55555'']

Press the spacebar. Everything moves a lot faster. (for campaign mode)[/QUOTE] ok I'll try that thx[/QUOTE]

When you start the campaign, there is an option that allow you to skip the ennemy move.
[QUOTE=''Franko_3''][QUOTE=''coolmonkeykid''][QUOTE=''blade55555'']

Press the spacebar. Everything moves a lot faster. (for campaign mode)[/QUOTE] ok I'll try that thx[/QUOTE]

When you start the campaign, there is an option that allow you to skip the ennemy move. [/QUOTE]



I did not realize that but I don't mind seeing them move in fast mode makes me know if they will attack me or not. But I also get that halt and its annoying as hell lol.
Every Total War game does this.
Yeah, I get a stutter every second or so. Interestingly I got it after switching video cards from an ATI 4670 to a Nvidia 9800 gt. Don't know what that would have to do with it though.



suninmoon

No comments:

Post a Comment