Thursday, April 15, 2010

How to play diablo2/ d2: lord of destruction with no cd?

I have both the game and the expansion installed and got the latest patch when connecting to battle.net in game. But it still won't let me play the game without the disc. It says something about moving some files to the diablo 2 directory but i don't really understand this. Can someone give me some simple tips to make me be bale to play with no cd. ThanksHow to play diablo2/ d2: lord of destruction with no cd?
Why do you need to play it without the CD sir? I am intrigued...How to play diablo2/ d2: lord of destruction with no cd?
So me and my brother could play at the same time. And incase i ever lose the cd i could still play.
[QUOTE=''ajr101'']So me and my brother could play at the same time. And incase i ever lose the cd i could still play.[/QUOTE] if you and your brother want to play it at the same time, buy another copy. that way, when you and your brother don't live together anymore, you'll both have copies of the game!
You need to copy the music file (.MPQ) from the CD to the installation folder. You'll also need the V1.12 patch installed.[url]http://www.gamespot.com/pc/rpg/diablo2/download_6192704.html[/url]
get a no cd crack
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
Just install the latest patch and you'll be able to play with no CD.
[QUOTE=''s00kah'']get a no cd crack[/QUOTE]Uh...no. It'd be much better to go with the official patch.
oh sorry father ... rofl!
When will you guys learn? The patch doesn NOTHING to the game, in order to play it without the disk. The only thing you can do to make it run without the disc is to copy the MPQ files. You could have done this from day one of it's release but now Blizz ''hinted it'' officially. In Diablo 2 you have to copy 3 MPQ files if I remember correctly, in LOD you have to copy the music MPQ.
Install ''Full version'', apply 1.12 patch then copy all .MPQ files to Diablo2 directory.
ok, i tried to install said patch, but it says my current patch is more up to date. I have 1.11balso, I did the full install and I have 10 .mpq files in my D2 directory, but it still won't let me run it without a cdnow, i lent my cd to a buddy of mine, and he failed to return it... so, if i am missing mpq files, where can i get them?thanks, --Razor
one easy way to get it is to just register your CD key with blizzard. you are then able to download diablo 2 free from them with the latest updates and patch, and you don't need the cd to play. someone had my cd's, but luckily i kept the cd sleeve where the game key was. of course, the only downside is that you'd have to download about 1.5 GB which might take a few a hours.
[QUOTE=''biggest_loser'']Why do you need to play it without the CD sir? I am intrigued...[/QUOTE]
[QUOTE=''biggest_loser'']Why do you need to play it without the CD sir? I am intrigued...[/QUOTE]

Well i need to play it without a cd, because my cd is too scratched up to play it......i was having some problems installing the expansion because the cd was so scracthed up.....luckily i figured out blizzard lets you download the installer for free.....but when i started to play it, it said that it cannot verify my application version...im thinking its because my cd is messed up.....so im trying to find a way to play without the cd
[QUOTE=''SnoopyOutlaw''][QUOTE=''biggest_loser'']Why do you need to play it without the CD sir? I am intrigued...[/QUOTE]

Well i need to play it without a cd, because my cd is too scratched up to play it......i was having some problems installing the expansion because the cd was so scracthed up.....luckily i figured out blizzard lets you download the installer for free.....but when i started to play it, it said that it cannot verify my application version...im thinking its because my cd is messed up.....so im trying to find a way to play without the cd[/QUOTE] First off, this thread is almost a year old, why the bump... Secondly, it's quite clear that the question was directed at the op. and Third and most importantly.''luckily i figured out blizzard lets you download the installer for free''That's not true...
[QUOTE=''Nibroc420''][QUOTE=''SnoopyOutlaw'']''luckily i figured out blizzard lets you download the installer for free''That's not true...[/QUOTE] Actually it is. All you have to do is register your CD key on Battle.net. If you haven't checked out the new Battle.net, you should hop over and take a peek.
Register the CD key with a Battle.net account(not a Diablo II account, but the thing I linked to). Download Diablo II via that, install it with that file, and you should be good to go.I assumed you could do it just by patching the game, but apparently not from what you have said. Note that you will not to be able to play online games using the same CD key, but I think you should be able to play via LAN that way. I'm not sure though; I've never tried it. At any rate, the method above you will let you play without the CD in the drive.
[QUOTE=''Nibroc420'']First off, this thread is almost a year old, why the bump...[/QUOTE] Bah, I didn't notice that...

No comments:

Post a Comment