Thursday, April 15, 2010

Half Life 2 x 1/2 = 1

I just recently bought The Orange Box and my query is, even though I wouldn't mind doing so, how beneficial would it be for me to play and beat the first HL before starting HL2? It's only $10 off Steam, but I just want to know if it would help me better understand HL2 enough to where I should go to the trouble of playing the first HL. Thanks.Half Life 2 x 1/2 = 1
Buy the first one and it episodes.They will lay the grounds for a great story... or you will get very lost.Also they are very fun.Also, like you said, they are only $10Half Life 2 x 1/2 = 1
[QUOTE=''kardine'']Buy the first one and it episodes.They will lay the grounds for a great story... or you will get very lost.Also they are very fun.Also, like you said, they are only $10[/QUOTE]Half life has a good story???
First HL is epic. Yeah it will sortof give you an idea into how things work between the G-man and Gordon, but mostly you should play it because it's one of the greatest PC games ever made. If you play it and really enjoy it as so many others have, I suggest getting the gearbox-made semi-expansion HL: Opposing Force. It has everything in it that made the first so good.
[QUOTE=''JangoWuzHere''][QUOTE=''kardine'']Buy the first one and it episodes.They will lay the grounds for a great story... or you will get very lost.Also they are very fun.Also, like you said, they are only $10[/QUOTE]Half life has a good story???[/QUOTE]



An epic story.
[QUOTE=''kardine''][QUOTE=''JangoWuzHere''][QUOTE=''kardine'']Buy the first one and it episodes.They will lay the grounds for a great story... or you will get very lost.Also they are very fun.Also, like you said, they are only $10[/QUOTE]Half life has a good story???[/QUOTE]



An epic story.[/QUOTE]



I second that....and third it....and fourth it....and...
[QUOTE=''kardine''][QUOTE=''JangoWuzHere''][QUOTE=''kardine'']Buy the first one and it episodes.They will lay the grounds for a great story... or you will get very lost.Also they are very fun.Also, like you said, they are only $10[/QUOTE]Half life has a good story???[/QUOTE]



An epic story.[/QUOTE]

not really, but the way its shown is epic.
How can you say that Half-Life doesn't have a good story? For a linear FPS it's got to be the most powerful, moving, epic, etc., etc., story ever.You should get the original just for the riveting Gman sequence at the end...throw in gameplay that is better then many modern games and you have an instant classic.
[QUOTE=''kardine''][QUOTE=''JangoWuzHere''][QUOTE=''kardine'']Buy the first one and it episodes.They will lay the grounds for a great story... or you will get very lost.Also they are very fun.Also, like you said, they are only $10[/QUOTE]Half life has a good story???[/QUOTE]



An epic story.[/QUOTE]



haha no.
[QUOTE=''homegirl2180'']I just recently bought The Orange Box and my query is, even though I wouldn't mind doing so, how beneficial would it be for me to play and beat the first HL before starting HL2? It's only $10 off Steam, but I just want to know if it would help me better understand HL2 enough to where I should go to the trouble of playing the first HL. Thanks.[/QUOTE]I have them all, but I got 2 before one and had no problem understanding what was going on. But then I got 1 so i could fill a few holes in the story that I didn't understand. I recommend Getting HL1 though. I haven't beat it yet because I am stuck, but I believe I am pretty far into it.
Should get HL1. Only ten bucks, so it's certainly worth the price and you'll get the idea for the premise of HL2. Maybe it's just me, but I like to start a story from the beginning, even if you could follow it from a good point into it (like starting from HL2's beginning).



On a side note, I love people like Jango who disagree with something but provides no basis as to why. Equivalent to a big, green, and smelly troll.
Personally I'm waiting for the mod Black Mesa. Sure, it might not be the ''original'' but as lonmg as I get the same story I'm happy. It's looking like it has very good production value so I won't worry about bugs or those icky mod moments.If you want to play the original though rather than a mod, then yeah, definately get it.
You should get the original, it's definitely worth getting.
To be honest with you, I don't think it's completely required to have played HL1 before you play HL2. You'll probably catch on to the story pretty quickly. That being said, Half-Life 1 is an awesome game, as are it's expansion packs and the other games which use the engine. For the price of these games, it's really not worth not getting them.
Half Life looks like crap, especially now being an 11 year old game.Just start with Half Life 2, then play through episodes 1 and 2.Can't wait for episode 3.
^^^ Graphics whore. Look past the older graphics and it's one of the best FPSes out there.
[QUOTE=''MrWednesday14'']^^^ Graphics whore. Look past the older graphics and it's one of the best FPSes out there.[/QUOTE]



I second that.... and HL1 doesn't look THAT bad either...other games have aged worse than HL.
Good game, but not like a soap opera where you would be missing a whole lot (just games)
[QUOTE=''FelipeInside''][QUOTE=''MrWednesday14'']^^^ Graphics whore. Look past the older graphics and it's one of the best FPSes out there.[/QUOTE]



I second that.... and HL1 doesn't look THAT bad either...other games have aged worse than HL.[/QUOTE]

Exactly it doesnt look that bad( besides when does graphics decide if a a game is good or not?). If you get passed the graphics the game has a good story and the way it presents it is epic
Half Life looks great if you get Half Life Source and download a couple of HD skin packs.

No comments:

Post a Comment